General Terms & Conditions
By entering this Raffle, entrants accept and agree: (1) to be bound by these terms and conditions; and (2) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Raffle or these terms and conditions.
1. Raffle Tickets cost $5.00 each, 12 for $50.00 or 30 for $100.00.
2. An Eligible Ticket Purchaser (as defined below) may designate another person as Ticket Holder.
3. If a ticket names more than one person as a ticket holder, with the exception of married couples or parent/child, and that ticket is a winning ticket Aquinas Fest will disqualify the holders of that ticket and shall draw another ticket.
4. After Aquinas Fest awards the prize to the person, group or entity named on the ticket, Aquinas Catholic Schools shall have no further duties or obligations with respect to the division of the prize and the persons and/or entity named on a ticket as ticket holders hereby agree to release and indemnify Aquinas Catholic Schools from all claims relating to the award of the prize or its division among other persons on a ticket named as ticket holders.
5. Ticket entries may be submitted by returning the completed raffle ticket order form to the Aquinas Catholic Schools Development Office at 315 S. 11th Street, La Crosse, WI by 12 Noon on Friday, September 7th, 2018, or by purchasing and returning completed raffle tickets to the ACS Central Office by 12 Noon on Friday, September 7th, 2018, or prior to the raffle at the designated table at Aquinas Fest, or prior to the halftime drawing at UW-La Crosse on September 7th, 2018.
6. At the time of purchase, Eligible Ticket Purchasers must provide their name, address, phone number, payment information, and such other information as Aquinas Catholic Schools may require.
7. Eligible Ticket Purchasers may not purchase tickets by email or voicemail.
8. All entries must include payment by cash, check or money order.
9. Tickets will be distributed and ticket numbers will be assigned in the order that payment is received.
10. All payments will be deposited upon receipt.
11. Aquinas Catholic Schools reserves the right to reject any entry form that it deems defective, illegible, ineligible or submitted without “good funds.”
12. In accordance with applicable law, Aquinas Catholic Schools will not mail the raffle tickets to ticket holders. Ticket stubs will be sent via email or may be picked up from the Aquinas Catholic Schools Development Office at 315 S. 11th Street, La Crosse, WI 54601, during regular business hours.
a. For the purposes of this raffle an “Eligible Ticket Purchaser” shall mean that the purchaser shall be (a) at least 18 years old at the time of purchase; (b) a U.S. resident physically residing in the United States or District of Columbia and (c) not precluded by applicable law.
b. A person cannot be an Eligible Ticket Purchaser or a ticket holder if such person or holder is a person (a) with whom U.S. persons or entities are restricted from doing business under regulations of the Office of Foreign Asset Control of the Department of the Treasury (including those named on OFAC’s Specially Designated and Blocked Persons List”) or under any statute or executive order or (b) who is acting, directly or indirectly, for or on behalf of any such person.
c. Tickets may be purchased as gifts for people less than 18 years of age (“minors”), but minors may not purchase tickets. In the event a ticket is purchased by an Eligible Ticket Purchaser who designates a minor or person otherwise under a legal incapacity as the ticket holder, and that ticket is a winning ticket, then Aquinas Catholic Schools reserves the right to require appropriate acknowledgments, approvals, and consents of such person's conservator, guardian, or parent as a condition to the award of the prize to such person.
14. Aquinas Catholic Schools reserves the right to require reasonable evidence of the eligibility of an Eligible Ticket Purchaser or ticket holder at any time and Aquinas Catholic Schools reserves the right to void any ticket sold to a person who does not meet the eligibility requirements or who is precluded by applicable law from holding a ticket or participating in a raffle.
15. Drawing: Prize Drawings will be conducted at the 41st Annual Aquinas Fest Football Game on Friday, September 7, 2018, at 8:25p.m. All drawings are open to the public. Entrants need not be present to win. The winners will be selected at random.
16. Grand Prize: $15,000 off MSRP at Clason Buick GMC or $10,000 cash. 2nd Prize-$1000.00 cash. 3rd Prize-$500 cash. 4th-6th Prize-$100.00 cash.
17. Notification of Winners: The Winners will be notified within 24 hours of the drawing at the contact information provided to Aquinas Catholic Schools at the time of the ticket purchase.
18. Winning Odds: The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of tickets sold.
19. Upon receipt and acceptance by Aquinas Catholic Schools of a proper entry form, ticket stubs shall be emailed to the email address provided by the purchaser during the ticket purchase or may be available for pick up at the Aquinas Catholic Schools Development Office as listed above.
20. Neither Aquinas Catholic Schools nor its directors, officers, employees, agents or other representatives assume any responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or undelivered entries, or any other failure to receive entries, or any failure to deliver a receipt of purchase prior to the drawing deadlines.
21. Non-Deductibility of Ticket Purchase: The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently, the purchase of a Ticket does not qualify as a deductible charitable contribution.
22. Taxes: There may be federal, state and/or local tax consequences of winning a prize in this Raffle. Any and all taxes are the sole
responsibility of the winner. Each purchaser of Tickets is advised to consult his or her own tax advisors with respect to tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize in this Raffle. Winners of prizes of $1,000 or more may be required to submit a W-2G, Form 5754 or similar tax form (provided by Aquinas Catholic Schools) for tax withholding purposes. All appropriate and required federal and state taxes will be withheld by Aquinas Catholic Schools in accordance with federal and state law, and Aquinas Catholic Schools will remit the balance of the cash prizes to the winners.
23. The Raffle is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the laws of the State of Wisconsin as set forth above. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the laws of the State of Wisconsin, the laws of the State of Wisconsin shall govern. Aquinas Catholic Schools reserves the right to modify the Rules and/or impose additional conditions, procedures, and requirements as may be necessary or required for the Raffle hereunder to comply with the laws of the State of Wisconsin. This Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
24. WAIVER AND RELEASE:
a. BY ENTERING THIS RAFFLE, EACH ENTRANT RELEASES AQUINAS CATHOLIC SCHOOLS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR WINNING THE PRIZE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, AND EACH WINNER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD MIDDLETOWN HIGH SPORTS CLUB HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATING IN THE RAFFLE OR THE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
b. A RAFFLE ENTRANT’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST THI ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OF TICKETS OR THE CONDUCT OF THE RAFFLE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID FOR HIS OR HER TICKET(S). IN NO EVENT SHALL, AQUINAS CATHOLIC SCHOOLS, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURIES TO EARNINGS, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
c. ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE RAFFLE OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (PURSUANT TO ITS EXPEDITED PROCEDURES) UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND CONDUCTED IN FREDERICK, MARYLAND AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD RENDERED BY THE ARBITRATOR MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT HAVING JURISDICTION THEREOF.